Friday, August 13, 2010

Neck Pillow, Dinner and Some Hope of Sleep


Date: August 10, 2010
Recipe: Orange Glazed Chicken
Source: http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/orange-glazed-chicken-65925.aspx

I'm going to buy a fabulous neck pillow as an insurance that I won't have to use it sleeping in my nursing chair with lil c - but if I do, at least I'll be comfortable. My plan is, if I spend enough money on it, maybe I won't have to use it. Luckily, the baby slept last night - which was probably a total fluke, so I'm playing catch-up for the week's recipes because they really were great. On Tuesday, I made Orange Glazed Chicken, which turned out really well and Big C even ate some of the salad, which she usually treats like Anthrax. I think I followed the recipe pretty exactly, but I was so exhausted at the end that I don't think we served anything else. We didn't really need any side dishes though, because this dish had chicken and salad. No, wait - we did have something else...I sliced up some potatoes, tossed them with olive oil, salt, pepper & Herbs de Provence and roasted them with the chicken. I just eyeballed them and took them out before they burned - I also stirred them up once so they wouldn't stick. Herbes De Provence is this seasoning mix that I use on EVERYTHING. I LOVE it because it's kind of French-y and has lavender in it, which is aromatic & cool. I put it on roasted veggies, chicken, everything. So I put it on these sliced potatoes and roasted them with the chicken and they ended up tasting exactly like...french-fry-chips. Oh well. Of course that went over well with Big C and honestly, Jim & I kept sneaking seconds & thirds.

This recipe was easy, nutritious and interesting : ) I think the only thing I will try next time is panko breadcrumbs for the chicken with some sort of non HDP spice mix INSTEAD of the shake & bake.

Hope you get a chance to make this! (follow link above for recipe)

No comments:

Post a Comment