Monday, August 16, 2010

Hot Days = Crock Pot


Date: August 12, 2010
Recipe: Hickory BBQ Pork Sandwiches
Source: www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/slow-cooker-hickory-bbq-pork-66045.aspx

It's hot. Too hot to cook, so besides BBQ-ing burgers & dogs, a nice alternative in the summer is to use your crock pot. There's nothing like that crazy-yummy smell wafting from the kitchen - no matter what you've made. I've never smelled a bad smell from a crock pot dinner (unless you count when I put off cleaning the dish for aa few days.)

OK - this recipe has FOUR ingredients. And I didn't buy bbq sauce - I had two half-bottles sitting in my fridge and I just mixed and used up the rest of what I had. (I mean, do you REALLY need to measure bbq sauce?? Just eyeball it.) When we came back in the house after a day of playdate/library/park, it smelled awesome. I took the pork out and put it on the plate and Jim was sort of doing a happy dance when I let him have a taste.

We served this on buns with a side of coleslaw and corn on the cob - dripping with butter of course. You can't get more summery than that.

1 comment: